- Repton Abu Dhabi’s first GCSE cohort attains fantastic results with 100% of students in Year 11 awarded 5 or more GCSE grades 9-4’s (A*-C) including English and Mathematics
- 44% of Repton Abu Dhabi’s exam entries attained the grade 9-8 (A*), with 64% attaining the grade 9-7’s (A*-A)
- Repton Dubai students once again achieve academic excellence, with 39% of exam entries achieving the 9-8 grade (A*) and 58% securing the 9-7 grade (A*-A)
The Repton Family of Schools in the UAE has accomplished another year of academic excellence in the 2021 IGCSE examinations. This year, Repton Abu Dhabi presented its inaugural Year 11 GCSE cohort, with students achieving exemplary results along with its sister school, Repton Dubai, which also celebrated outstanding performances for the 12th consecutive year.
Despite the ongoing challenges brought about by Covid-19, this year’s IGCSE results have reflected Repton Abu Dhabi’s unwavering resilience, determination and passion to achieve academic excellence. As the first IGCSE cohort from Repton Abu Dhabi, students from the Fry Campus set the precedent, with 100% of students achieving 5 or more GCSE grades 9-4 (A*-C) while 44% were awarded the maximum grade 9/8’s (A*) and 64% of entries achieved the grade 9-7’s (A*-A), an exceptional academic benchmark for future cohorts to follow.
Repton Dubai showcased similar results with Reptonians taking the 2021 examinations, triumphing an averagegrade 7 (A grade) and exceeding the benchmark set by last year’s cohort. 39% were awarded grades 9-8 (A*) with 58% entries achieving 9-7(A*-A).
David Cook, Chief Education Officer of the Repton Family of Schools in the UAE and Headmaster at Repton Dubai says, “Academic Excellence is part of the Repton DNA and our students have consistently showcased phenomenal performances in the IGCSE examinations. This year’s results hold special value as we had two cohorts within the Repton community challenging themselves. I would like to thank all the teachers, parents and students from Repton Abu Dhabi and Repton Dubai for their hard work and dedication in attaining the distinguished merits. A special congratulations to Repton Abu Dhabi and its students on the exemplary performance they have achieved in their first GCSE examinations.”
The Repton Family of Schools in the UAE consists of dedicated and passionate teaching staff who have the expertise to enhance students’ academic and personal development, which begins from the Early Years Foundation Stage through to Senior School, preparing students for their future endeavours. Every year, the Repton Family of Schools in the UAE offer the ‘Repton Headstart’ programme to further support the Year 11 cohort following their GCSE final examinations. The month-long programme was designed to prepare students for their academic road ahead, bridging the gap between IGCSE, IB or A-Levels and university life. It offers a range of courses, including ‘Finance for Teens’, ‘First Aid’, ‘EPQ Preparation’, ‘Study and Metacognition Skills’, ‘University and Career Guidance’ and introductory A-Level or IB sessions.
In recognition of their outstanding achievement, Repton Abu Dhabi has also offered its Year 11 top-performers academic scholarships at the Sixth Form for the next academic year. Marina Perez Martin and Omar Abu Drya have received academic scholarships for their remarkable performances, with Marina attaining grade 9/8’s (A*) and one grade 7(A) in all subjects and Omar securing grade 9/8’s (A*) in all subjects.
Gillian Hammond, Principal of Repton School Abu Dhabi says, “It is truly an outstanding feat by our students, who have coped exceptionally well and triumphed despite the underlying pressures of the pandemic. I am immensely proud of their achievements and would like to thank our impeccable teaching staff who went the extra mile to ensure our students were able to exceed expectations and attain these remarkable results. Thank you to all our parents, whose unwavering support has played an integral part in this outstanding accomplishment. My heartfelt congratulations go out to the students within the Repton community on this stellar achievement.”
Please find the Reptonian academic achievements below:
Repton School Abu Dhabi:
- Omar Abu Drya achieved 9/8’s, (A*) grades in all subjects (English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Geography and Arabic). His outstanding performance has attained him an academic scholarship at the Sixth Form for the 2021 – 2022 academic year at Repton Abu Dhabi
- Marina Perez Martin’s top-performance has secured her an academic scholarship at the Sixth Form for 2021 – 2022 academic year at Repton Abu Dhabi for accomplishing grade 9/8’s (A*) and one grade 7 (A) across all subjects (English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish and Geography)
- Liyan Al Ramahi attained grade 9/8’s (A*) across all subjects (English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Art and Arabic)
- Sami Youssef attained eight grade 9/8’s (A*) and one grade 7 (A) across all subjects (English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Geography and Arabic)
Repton School Dubai:
- Pierre Touma attained grade 9’s (A*) in all subjects. This outstanding performance has secured a place on the IBDP course for Year 12
- Jana El Zahhar attained grade 9’s (A*) in all subjects. This top performance has ensured Jana will continue into Year 12 studying the IBDP
- Zeren Demerkilic attained grade 9’s (A*) in all subjects. This fantastic achievement means that Zeren will continue her studies on the IBDP course
- As an inclusive school, we are delighted that all students of determination achieved 5 or more IGCSE’s at grade 9-4 (A* – C) that included English and Mathematics. This is testament to the outstanding level of support and education for all here at Repton Dubai
To learn more about Repton Pathways, please visit:
Repton Abu Dhabi – https://www.reptonabudhabi.org/Academics / Repton GCSE & Sixth Form